CLF&G RANGE ORDERS and RULES of CONDUCT (ALL RANGES)
1. All Persons on the property MUST sign the Registry Book prior to using the facility, IT IS AN OPERATING CONDITION OF THIS RANGE.
2. Every CLF&G member must keep their membership card with them while on the range and must be presented when asked to see it.
3A) Firearms may only be loaded at the firing line.
3B) Firearms, ammunition magazines and ammunition will be Canada legal.
3C) This is a private civilian range, the use of automatic firearms by law enforcement or military is not permitted.
4. When 2 or more people are on an active firing line, one person must be designated as a RANGE SAFETY OFFICER, an RSO includes the following;
4A) Provincial certified Range Safety Officers (Province of Alberta)
4B) Shooting Sports certified RSO (IPSC, PPC, PRS ect.)
4C) Canadian Armed Forces certified RSO
4D) Civilian Police certified RSO (RCMP, City Police, Alberta Sheriffs, etc)
5. Prohibited Targets;
5A) The use of Binary Targets (ex. Tanerite) is not permitted.
5B) The use of pop cans, glass / plastic bottles or household goods is PROHIBITED on our ranges.
6. Approved Targets: Acceptable targets include;
6A) Paper / cardboard targets
6B) Clay pigeons
6C) Approved steel targets
7. All unattended or racked firearms MUST be unloaded and have an open action or be cased.
8. All trash and spent ammo must be picked up before leaving the Range.
9. Members shall NOT give out the Range Gate Code.
10. The CLF&G is Private Property and is NOT a Hunting Area.
11. No climbing on the berms, backstops or in the drainage ditch.
12. Drug and alcohol policy:
12A) ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE RANGE AND THE CLF&G ASSOCIATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVOKE ONES MEMBERSHIP!
12B) Alcohol may be consumed at the fire pit AFTER all shooting has ceased on the range and firearms have been cased.
13. SAFE AREA;
13A) The SAFE AREA is a space provide (and clearly marked) where individuals may uncase and, handle UNLOADED firearms. The LOADING of firearms with any ammunition, magazines or clips is PROHIBITED in the SAFE AREA.
13B) SAFE AREAs will be available at all ranges.
* In addition to this you must also follow the posted rules at each range as outlined by the CFO.
* Our club strongly suggests that eye protection be worn by all shooters at all times while on the firing line.
* Ear protection is mandatory while at any firing line.
* No Pets allowed at the firing line (Service animals exempt.)