RANGE RULES, 25m RANGE
1. This range is certified for use of handguns and handgun calibres only, in a linear direction to the WEST only except for;
· 1A) Rifles, restricted or non-restricted, with a calibre of .223/5.56 NATO (NO STEEL CORE) as well as shotguns (NO BUCKSHOT OR SLUGS) will be permitted on the 25m range for 3GUN; Cowboy Action and other action shooting sports for scheduled events ONLY. Practices and competitions MUST be scheduled and approved by the CLF&G Executive Board prior to any setup or preparation on the range. If the participants of the scheduled event do not show up within 15 min of the scheduled start the range will revert back to first come first serve.
· 1B) Action Shooting Sports will ONLY be permitted to shoot to the South and North in addition to the West (180° arc of fire) with approval by the CLF&G Executive board.
· 1C) ALL people shooting action sports MUST be a member of the action shooting sport that you are shooting
· 1D) Anyone shooting any action shooting sports MUST be Black Badge Certified or under the direct supervision of a certified RSO.
2. No shoulder or cross draw holsters are allowed on the range.
3. All targets must be within the berms and within a safe distance of the shooter.
4. First person on the range is designated as the RSO.
5. Loading of firearms will only happen at the firing line.
6. All firearms that are not in use will be unloaded and holstered or stored with the action open in either the provided firearm rack or cased.
7. Shooters on this range shall use the provided flags to indicate the state of the range.
· 7A. Red flag indicates that the range is in use and live fire is occurring.
· 7B. Green flag indicates that the range is “SAFE” and people may move ahead of the firing line to check their targets.
8. RANGE SAFE / Green flag time, no one shall load or handle firearms outside of the “SAFE AREA”. The SAFE AREA is a space provide (and clearly marked) where individuals may uncase and, handle UNLOADED firearms. The LOADING of firearms with any ammunition, magazines or clips is PROHIBITED in the SAFE AREA.
9. ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE RANGE AND THE CLF&G ASSOCIATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVOKE ONES MEMBERSHIP!
* In addition to this you must also follow the posted rules at each range as outlined by the CFO.
* Our club strongly suggests that eye protection be worn by all shooters at all times while on the firing line.
* Ear protection is mandatory while at any firing line.
* No Pets allowed at the firing line (Service animals exempt.)